- About Your Privacy and This Privacy
- Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure
Purposes for Which Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
Communication with you
- To contact you or provide you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to the Platform.
- To verify your identity.
- To complete an activity you requested, such as register for the Platform or obtain more information.
- To reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if we have a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause or the victim of a criminal act.
Delivery of services to you
- To create your account on our Platform and let you log in to your account and use the Platform.
- To manage your account, provide you with customer support, and ensure you are receiving quality service.
- For billing and transaction processing purposes.
- To match users with Counselors and facilitate the Counselor Services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Platform and the Counselor Services.
Administration and improvement of services
- To supervise, administer and monitor the Platform.
- To measure and improve the quality, effectiveness and delivery of our services.
- To personalize the website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to individual interests, including targeted offers and ads through our websites, and via email.
Compliance with law
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To comply with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to laws related to protecting client and public health and safety.
Other uses with consent
- Any other purpose with your consent.
- Opting out of Marketing Communication
You can opt out of receiving email marketing by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link provided in all of our marketing email communications.
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- Social and General Information Tools
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as “phishing”, are of great concern. You should always be diligent when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. We will never request your login information or your credit card information in any non-secure or unsolicited communication (email, phone or otherwise).
- Security of Information
While using any Internet-based service carries inherent security risks that cannot be 100% prevented, our systems, infrastructure, encryption technology, operation and processes are all designed, built and maintained with your security and privacy in mind. We apply industry standards and best practices to prevent any unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We comply with all applicable federal laws, state laws, and regulations regarding data privacy.
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform, to perform certain tasks which are related to the Platform, or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. We will share with them only the minimum necessary information to perform their task for us and only after entering into appropriate confidentiality agreements.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to become our user. The Platform is not directed and not intended to be used by children under the age of 13. If you are aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 please let us know by contacting us and we will delete that information.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose information necessary or appropriate to protect the safety of the public or any person, to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), and to prevent or stop activity that may be illegal or dangerous. You should also be aware that Counselors may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement or other authorities to conform to their professional and legal responsibilities. Specifically, and without limitation, you should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases: (a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult; (b) serious suicidal potential; (c) threatened harm to another person; (d) court-ordered presentation of treatment.
- Contacting us
Last Updated and Effective: January 15, 2022